The Gundagai Railway station was built in 1885 and was officially declared open for public use on the 1st June, 1886. First services along the new branch line were the service contractor trains and then as the line was officially opened up to Gundagai, passengers and mail/freight were allowed to be added to the train trips.
Displays within the railway station today, recall the travelling past when trains ran regularly on the now closed Cootamundra-Tumut branch line.
A photographic record of the restoration project as well as many railway items, can also be viewed.
Platform open for viewing to the public every day.
9am – 4pm
For further information:
Phone: (02) 6944 0250